This is an example job opportunity to allow you to see what can be available from Hire Authority LLC.SEARCH OPEN JOBS
Quality Senior Engineer
Job opportunities for a Quality Senior Engineer. The salary is in the $70,000 to $75,000 range with a full range of competitive benefits.
This is a first shift position. It is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The company is a successful and growing local manufacturer that is committed to creating a respectful, team-orientated work environment.
If you have worked in a similar quality standards position in manufacturing and are on the lookout for a new opportunity, this may be it.
As a quality engineer, you will bring to this potential job your understanding of the effective evaluation of products and systems. You’ll be familiar with the benchmarks set by the Energy Facility Contractors Group. You’ll know how to work with other managers, designers, shop floor staff, and suppliers in order to guarantee the quality of the company’s products. Minimizing costs due to production errors and maximizing the quality of final products will be a passion for you. The need for thorough documentation and effective production processes will be second nature to you.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Quality Senior Engineer. Three years of programming experience with 3D coordinate measuring machines (3D CMM) is required, with Zeiss Calypso experience preferred.
Also required is a strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications, the ability to read technical drawings, experience with Technical Data Packages for parts and products, and strong computer skills that include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Projects, and Excel.
The required combination of education and experience is three to five years that will include 3D CMM and PC-DMIS programming expertise, GD&T certification, and experience in project management.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Programming the CMM’s and efficiently inspecting production equipment, including a wide variety of parts and workstations.
- Interpreting geometric dimensioning and tolerancing frames and translating collected data into inspection-program output, so as to ensure that products meet both internal engineering and customer-dimensional specifications.
- Developing test methods and part fixtures that will facilitate the product inspection process.
- Preparing and maintaining the Technical Data Packages for products. Packages will include Production Part Approval Process reports (PPAPs), Initial Sample Inspection reports (ISIRs), First Article Inspection reports (FAIs), Quality Plans, Capability Studies, and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSAs).
- Assist in the development of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEAs) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Developing and maintaining plans, schedules, and budgets for assigned projects.
- Understanding, supporting, and improving existing metrology technologies.
- Investigating, developing, and implementing new technologies in the production process.
- Staying current with quality certification requirements.
- Reviewing technical publications, articles, and data in order to stay abreast of industry technical developments.
- Playing an active role on quality management teams within the company.